Pronouncements On Child-Rearing
- Women have made and trained every man on earth except Adam. As women think and conduct their lives, so goes the country.
- You see that little squirrel with the babies out in that tree? She has never read a book, yet she knows just what to do for them. She feeds them, keeps them clean, warm or cool and away from people. Maybe it is not quite that simple, but it is not half as complicated as the books, neighbors, grandparents and doctors would make you think.
- I don't know what old age is except when I loook in the mirror. And that messes it up!
- We're supposed to be the wisest of creatures, yet we see a pregnant woman drinking alcoholic beverages, smoking and taking drugs she would never think of giving her child. Then she expects her baby to come into this world happy, docile and cuddly as a kitten.
- A woman should never bring a child into this world and neglect that child for somebody else's child or husband.
- When a child drools, his nose is stopped up. Put a clothespin on your noose and see if you don't drool.
- Once a man came to me too ask me to "straighten out" his three wayward children. The mother's teeth were so brown from tobacco stains that, as she smiled, her mouth looked like a dark hole. The father looked even worse. I thought to myself, "If I had a stallioon that looked like that man and a mare that looked like that mother, I would not expect a Kentucky racehorse out of their colt.
- There's nobody can build a Smith except a Smith. A child has to have a model.
Back to Laura's Page